So this weekend the family got together to celebrate my Uncle's 60th birthday...sadly for this we were missing my cute little wonderful Sarah and my brother Andrew. It was so nice to see everyone although time always seems to be limited when we see our family, but it was so nice. The first night we saw my Uncle Warren and Aunt Yeong along with my two cousins Justin and Kristin. We didn't really do much we ate dinner in the lobby and then April and I went to bed and I think she and I fell asleep in like 5.5 seconds! So the next morning we get up and we get ready and my Aunt Yeong took Kristin, April, and I out to lunch at Olive Garden and I had a lot of fun because I don't get to see my aunt and my cousin a lot and they're amazing to be around! We get back to the hotel and everyone gets ready for my Uncle's big family dinner at the Minakoda Country Club (it was no jeans, so everyone looked nice) So we are all ready and down in the lobby waiting for everyone and then we drive over to the country club and at first I wasn't sure if my dad knew where he was going but we got there none the less! So the dinner was very nice the whole family was finally together and I got to see my four older cousins and three of their husbands and two kids. My cousin Sarah and her husband Andy have two beautiful kids!!!!!!!!!! Brynn and Drew...Brynn is a year younger than Sarah, but she is just a peach!!! She was so polite and was being such a good girl, and when I got to hold Drew he was just smiling and so happy AND eating my hair! I was blessed to finally get to meet him and I always love seeing Brynn! I was just sad that Sarah and Brynn didn't get to play with each other! My sister at my Gram-gram's 80th birthday party fell in love with Brynn and couldn't wait to see her again and my sister who is in love with babies couldn't wait to meet Drew either, so when she got the chance she was super happy!
So we go back to the hotel and April, Kristin and I were SOOOOO bored and our Uncle Frazier told us that there was a target downtown that was open 24 hours so we were like oh lets go to Target since we are bored!! My dad lets us take the car we plug in Target in the GPS and turn on the music and go. Well the GPS takes us around and said to us that we had arrived at our destination but we didn't see it...well I saw it when I passed it so I had to go around and find it again, but I missed the parking AGAIN, but as I drove around I found another one and just pulled in there thinking we could walk a few feet. So I pull in and PAY 5 DOLLARS to park and we start to walk in and it said Target Walkway this way and so we are following it...ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT IT WASN'T A TARGET!!!!!! It was a target field!! We were so mad and laughing at the same time. So we went downstairs and asked an officer if he knew where one was and he said no...but there was a walmart out in the suburbs but they were like 20 miles away. So I get back to the car and plug in walmart and it is only like 5 miles away...so we venture out there we are listening to the music and just having fun with each other and we pass a Target but I am like no no no it's not open...hahaha!! So we keep on driving to the Walmart and I roll up to a STOP SIGN...well I am sitting there WAITING on a GREEN LIGHT! When it finally occurs to me that I am waiting on myself it is the funniest thing and I can't stop laughing. AND I am on the phone with my friend Carolyn and she is telling me a really funny story and I start bursting out laughing and I scare Kristin and April!! Anyways we finally find the Walmart only to find out that IT IS CLOSED!!! I was like WHAT all the Walmarts in Indiana are open 24 hours! So we drive back and the Target we passed that I swore was closed DID look open and so we went to see and yes it was but it was closing in 6 minutes, so we run in just so that we could not be bored for a second!! We get in there and we found some stuff and they started to turn the lights off so we were like omgsh it is time to go! We drive back and end our night...:-(
The next day was just a casual dinner at my Uncle Frazier's house and it was so awesome! We all just talked and caught up with each other since we normally only see each other once a year and of course we all have facebook but you know seeing each other is better! We played this Frisbee game that I really sucked at but it was still way fun to watch and I only played once because again I suck!






No comments:
Post a Comment